• Active licensed or permit with the State Board of Cosmetologist/Barber.
• Minimum of 18 years of age.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Minimum of six months-one year of behind-the-chair experience preferred.
• High level of integrity and positive team work always.
• Skill set approval by series of demonstrations to Alex's.
• Ability to clearly communicate with client, assess their needs and achieve a positive outcome.
• Ability to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holiday hours.
• Mandatory arrival 15 minutes before scheduled shift time, minimal request for time off.
• Provide exceptional customer service with a smile.
• Ability to stand for sustained periods of time.
• Enjoy and maintain neat and clean working environment.
• Experience in customer service preferred.
• Computer and cash register experience preferred.
• Highly motivated to sell product, continue education, market, and retain clients.
I certify that the statements and information furnished by me in this application are true and correct. I understand that omitted, false or misstated statements on this application are grounds for refusal to hire, or dismissal, at any time the Company becomes aware of the omitted, falsified, or misstated information. In consideration of my employment, I agree to conform to the rules and regulations of your company. And acknowledge that my employment and compensation can be terminated, with or without cause, and with or without notice at any time, at the option of either the Company or myself. I further understand that no policy, benefit, or procedure contained in any employee handbook creates an employment contract for any period of time. In addition, no term or conditions of employment contrary to the foregoing should be relied upon, except for those made in writing by the CEO of the Company. I further acknowledge that the employer reserves the right to charge the terms and conditions of employment, including the employee job duties, working hours, and employment policies at any time.
I agree and hereby authorize Alex’s Barbershop LLC to conduct an investigation of all statements contained in this application, and any company form completed by me for employment as may be necessary in arriving at an employment decision. I authorize all previous employers or other persons who have knowledge of my records, to release such information to Alex’s Barbershop LLC, their agents, or me.
I understand that I will be required to complete the Immigration/Naturalization Service Form I-9 and will show supporting documentation. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
Throughout the hiring process, be prepared to send us photos of your work, bring in models, and perform demo cuts. Visit our www.ALX61.com and Instagram @ALX61 to learn more about who we are. Check out our Facebook page and Yelp reviews to see what others are saying about us.